Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > just a thought...    

just a thought...

ELOJOLIE274
France

just a thought...

Hi,
i �ve downloaded many great games and activities here, and i �ve come across some activities/games that are used in a very specific way by their author (for example in today �s new contributions:  http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=423048#thetop )
usually the author explains in many details how he/she did this activity with his/her class (this is the case here) in the description of the ws. But unfortunately when you download the ws, this description is absent inside the ws... and it �s a shame really, because sometimes you download a great activity, the explanation on how to do this activity is creative, and when you look at the ws a few weeks later, you can �t quite remember how to do this activity in a creative way...
so you have to go back to eslp and look for the ws to read the description again...

so i was thinking, wouldn �t it be nice if people included the description of their ws inside their ws??? i don �t mean when it �s a grammar exercise, but when it �s a speaking activity, or something quite creative...

i �m not criticizing, on the contrary! I just want us to have even better ws!!!

take care everyone!
Elodie

19 Jun 2010      

Dimitrys
Argentina

You �re right, I can �t remember the author �s instructions either. Teachers can write them on the worksheet and then copy and paste it as a description.

19 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I have designed quite a few games and I always include a clear description inside the printable...

Whenever I download a game with no instructions inside the contribution, I just copy this important information from the description at ESLP and paste it into the document in order to make sure that I know how to use that game later.

19 Jun 2010     

teresapr
Portugal

I agree with Topolina. The best solution is to copy and paste the description and download simultaneously!

19 Jun 2010     

procei
Brazil

Hello I sometimes do like topolina...but when I am just going around the esl.... checking the news (as I am an addict of this site!!!) I just say thanks and download, change the name according my index... and the instructions is gone....

19 Jun 2010     

libertybelle
United States

I just highlight and copy the instructions from the description and add it on a new page with the game.  No problem

19 Jun 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

yes i do that too, but sometimes I don �t have the time to look in details at all the wss i download... anyway, i can find a wss i downloaded pretty easily since the names of my wss are saved like that <name of ws - author �s name>... but still, it would make everyone �s life easier if everyone included the description of their ws INSIDE the ws (like topolina does, like I do, or so I hope...), don �t you think!!!
going to bed now... good night/morning dear friends!!!

20 Jun 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

You are certainly right, Elodie. Life would be so much easier if if if...

But when some people just won �t do what we want them to do to make our lives a bit easier, we have to find a solution and that �s what I did - that �s all. ;))

It �s even more annoying when there are no instructions at all - not even in the description at ESLP!! Things can always get worse, so we should be grateful when people at least write their instructions in the description!! LOL

20 Jun 2010     

Jayho
Australia

Hi Elodie

As per my job requirements (for copyright laws) I put an acknowledgement on the bottom of the worksheet comprising of the user name, the URL and the date I downloaded it.  So, if I need to, it is very easy for me to find the original document here and to look at the instructions again.  Sometimes, I also copy and paste the description onto a new last page which I don�t actually then print - it�s just for my reference and is kept with my master. These actions only take a few minutes yet potentially save hours.

I�m sure longer serving members constantly see history repeating itself in terms of requests and behaviours.  Imho it is easier for us to change our own habits than to change the habits of others.  Using good practices like mine or what others have suggested will indeed cause you less stress and frustration. 

Cheers

Jayho

20 Jun 2010