Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > ADVICE ON COURSE BOOKS-SPANISH TEACHERS?    

ADVICE ON COURSE BOOKS-SPANISH TEACHERS?

be67
Spain

ADVICE ON COURSE BOOKS-SPANISH TEACHERS?

Hi all! I need your advice on what course books to use for the next school year in Primary (1st grade to 6th). I�m the only english teacher at my school and I find it hard to make a decision. A teacher has told me that they use Surprise (Oxford) for 1st and 2nd grades and then Find Out (Heinemann) for 3rd grade to 6th. What do you think? Do you know them? What would you suggest? I�d like something appealing with nice pictures, songs, stories...What do you use? and does it work?

Thanks a lot and have a great weekend!

26 Jun 2010      

jaguaryu
Spain

I like Galaxy collection (Oxford University Press), mainly for te first levels, children love their stories and songs

26 Jun 2010     

Akanah
Spain

Hi! I �ve worked with Cool Kids, Surprise and Find out. They all are almost the same but I would use Find out for 1st, 2nd & 3rd grade and Cool Kids for 4th, 5th and 6th. Not a fan of Surprise... 
 The prob with these books, IMHO, is that they don �t foccus on grammar (talking about 4th-6th grades) There are too many pics and non related stories. 
 A good alternative would be using THIS They are really useful and you can use only one for a couple of years.

Regards from sunny M�laga,
 Olga

26 Jun 2010     

lshorton99
China

We use Bugs and Find Out. I think Find Out 5 is ok but the lower levels are very light in terms of content. They do have a CLIL section which would be good for school. We also use the Bugs series - Bugs 5 and 6 and Bugs World for our youngest students which again is pretty good, if a little light on content. Bugs 5 and 6 is a little young for students.

I saw a coursebook series which seemed very good for young learners upwards - Macmillan - called �Footprints �.We were looking for a new coursebook and I remember liking it but being outvoted in favour of �Find Out 2 �!

For a multiple intelligence approach, I �d have to recommend �Join in �.

Your best bet is to contact the publishers directly and get them to send you samples. That way you can compare books more effectively and see what works for you and your students. Good luck!

Lindsey

26 Jun 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Hi there ! We use Little Bugs 1 and 2, then Big Bugs 2 and 3 and Bright Sparks 2 and 3, from 6 to 11  years old. All Macmillan . They are suitable for each age and the B S series is ideal for pre-teens, they like the pics and topics dealt with ... Lindsey is right, though : try the publishers and they �ll explain about the books in detail ... Have a good weekend !

26 Jun 2010     

Lucia13
Armenia

Here in Lebanon we use Let �s Go 1,2 and 3 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades respectivel from Oxford University Press.They are really lovely and well-organized.Especially my students love the songs,easy to memorize and helping to practice grammatical patters.

26 Jun 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I�m not a Spanish teacher but as far as I know Oxfor University Press is an international resourse. So may be you can find this information useful. In our school we use Macmillan Education �s Way Ahead by Printha Ellis and Mary Bowen Levels 1-6. All levels have a Cd of interactive games to practice grammar in a fun way, that can be used both on PC and smart board. Here you can see what �s availablehttp://www.macmillanenglish.com/Course.aspx?id=28350
There are also new Oxford books "Family and Friends" with phonics check this link for them http://www.oup.com/elt/catalogue/isbn/8430?cc=global
Sophia

26 Jun 2010