Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > MSWord 2007 (docx) Saves in the Future???    

MSWord 2007 (docx) Saves in the Future???

tastybrain
Taiwan

MSWord 2007 (docx) Saves in the Future???

I use the newer version of MSWord on my comp and have to save my contributions in compatibility mode. That �s all well and good, and I don �t mind it. I have noticed that when I save my documents in the new file format (docx) they are about 4 times smaller in file size than when I save them in compatibility mode. I have tried taking the advice given on the website here on how to compress all the pictures and have done that, but I �ve found that it doesn �t have an effect. I �m not really sure why.

Three things:  1). Will we ever be able to upload docx files? [I can see why it might be a big technical hurdle to get over, but here �s to hoping]  2). Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong when I try to compress the images in my WS with MSWord 2007? 3). any further suggestions as to how to compress my WS would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks! sorry, I �m not tech incompetent but I �m not extremely tech savvy either.

BTW (I realize the upload limit has been increased, so I just want to say I �m not trying to complain about that; in fact, I �m very grateful!).

27 Jun 2010