Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Improving the usage of English in the classroom    

Improving the usage of English in the classroom

tefipaz
Argentina

Improving the usage of English in the classroom

Hi! I �m stefy, it �s the first time I use this section of the web page, but I really need your help!
It �s getting really hard for my students to speak in English while we are doing activities in the classroom, and I really want them to use it...
Do you have any activities that we can do during our short classes (only 1 hour, twice a week)?
I hope you can help me
It �s an awesome web page and there are really amazing people here!
thank you in advance
xoxo
stefy =)

28 Jun 2010      

shirles
China

hi,stefy. i know it would be difficult to let them speak when the time is limited. however,there is an activity on my printable could be fun and helpful. it s a card game,all you have to do is prepare a set of cards,and the worksheet tells u what u should do. i use it every time when my students get bored of learning,and it works all the time. wish u good luck.and tell me if it works for u as well.

shirles

28 Jun 2010     

MyFairy
Argentina

You can work as usual, but give them points for speaking English! Of course you will find lots of pair work cards here to encourage them to speak the language. But you should think of other tools too!
How old are they? The younger they are,  the easier it will be for you to find a way to praise them!
Good Luck

28 Jun 2010     

xanadu1
Palestine

Hi. I would like to give some tips for encouraging your students to speak English joyfully. Make your students talk about things they love ( SHOW AND TELL). Make your students bring their favorite objects and try to make show and tell about them. Or have them talk about their favorite topics for sixty seconds. They can bring their favorite books and make a book review  (BOOK REVIEW). Let your students have fun enjoy using the English language.

28 Jun 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

There are so may speaking activities  and games on this sites. Why don �t you check them out. I have alsways been sucessful with them.

28 Jun 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Actually, it wouldn �t be a bad idea to have  a section specifically for speaking activities. Now there is a section for readings, I would love to have a section for speaking activities, for songs and for games...sometimes I feel I can not fully utilize the treasures on this site simply because there are too many to look thru! A problem of luxury and abundance, how spoilt we are!

28 Jun 2010     

tefipaz
Argentina

thanks a lot to you all for your help!

28 Jun 2010