Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Help from Spanish members needed:o))    

Help from Spanish members needed:o))

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Help from Spanish members needed:o))

Hello, dear Spanish friends.

I would like to ask you for a help: One of my sts studies also a Spanish and she asked me for help with the following text:

Para varios personas habria una buena clinica psiqiatrica.Hay gentes que no lo cree.Eso corre de mi cargo de mi problema.No tengo interesado dar conversacion a esta nivels.

1. Is the sentence gramatically correct?
2. How would you translate it into English? (She said it should be something about people in need for psychiatric treatment).

Thank you very much, Michaela

3 Jul 2010      

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

mj in spanish there are a few things that doesnt make sense  like eso corre de micargo de mi problema,   i can help you but i am not quite sure what she wants to say,

3 Jul 2010     

silvina joaquina
Argentina

the text is not completely right.the correct way should be:

Para varias personas habria una buena clinica siquiatrica. Hay personas que no lo creen. Eso no es mi problema. No tengo interes en contestar a estas personas.

I think in this way the text sounds better. In english it may be:

there will be a good psychiatric hospital for many people. there are some people who don �t believe it. That �s not my problem. I �m not interested in talking to these people.

I hope it will help you!!

3 Jul 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Thank you very much for your quick answers.Hug

Have a great weekend, Michaela

3 Jul 2010     

Nichi
Spain

The text is not very good. Here you have several proposals for them to improve it. Some of them could be:

Habr�a una buena cl�nica psiqui�trica para varias personas.

Hay gente que no lo cree. / Hay personas que no lo creen.

Ese problema corre de mi cuenta. / Yo me encargo de ese problema.

No estoy interesado en dar conversaci�n a estos niveles./ No tengo inter�s en dar conversaci�n a este nivel. / No me interesa dar conversaci�n a estos niveles. (What do you mean with levels?)

As for the translation into English I would propose:

For several people there would be a good psychiatric hospital. There are people who don�t believe it. I�m responsible for that problem. I�m not interested in talking to these levels.

You should also take into account the accents in Spanish to write in a proper way.

3 Jul 2010     

aliciapc
Uruguay

Is that a paragraph, Michaela ? It doesn �t make much sense ... I guess it �s just different sentences, right ?
I �d translate it like this :   There �s the choice of a good psychiatric clinic for some people.
                                         Some people don �t believe it.
                                         That �s my problem .
                                         I �m not interested in giving talks on that level.
About mistakes, it doesn �t sound correct , it would be sth like this :
                                   Habr�a una buena cl�nica psiqui�trica para algunas personas.
                                   Algunas personas no lo creen as�.
                                   Eso es problema m�o .
                                   No tengo inter�s en dar charlas a ese nivel.
Hope you can correct the sentences and translate it with these posts !!   Big Hug  !  Alicia

3 Jul 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

My correction would be this:

Para varias personas habr�a una buena clinica psiquiatrica. Hay personas que no lo creen, pero de eso me encargo yo. No estoy interesado en dar platicas a ese nivel

3 Jul 2010