Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Only part of a WS copied. What then?    

Only part of a WS copied. What then?

perma
Greece

Only part of a WS copied. What then?

Hi everyone!

I came across a WS today, which has 2 exercises copied from a book i happen to use at school. I don �t know about the other exercises in this WS, they may be original. But those 2 are not. 
So I started thinking: what do you do in a situation like this? 
Then: the options in the reporting system under the WSs don �t let me explain that only part of it is copied.
Furthermore, if I report it, how can the moderators check that I �m telling the truth? What if they don �t have the book the tasks are taken from. It �s not very widely used in my part of the world at least!

Now, i wouldn �t even bother. It �s just that I �ve taken care not to include material that I �ve found elsewhere in my few contributions, even though I have some very good tasks from various books in my archive, which I use with my students.

Should I do something about it? Or do I just forget it.Ermm

11 Jul 2010      

Lina Ladybird
Germany

Hi, perma! :))

Even if "only" one exercise is copied, you should report the ws in question. It will then be removed by the moderators (if you can prove that it is taken from a book or website) and the user can upload it again without the copied parts.

I think that most moderators will tend to believe you if you can give the title of the book and the pages where the tasks were taken from.

Best wishes - Silke

PS: choose the second option to report the ws, write the name of the book and explain briefly which exercises have been taken from which pages in the book. There�s enough space to do that... ;)

11 Jul 2010     

perma
Greece

thanks Silke Smile

11 Jul 2010