Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Oops! Big boo-boo!    

Oops! Big boo-boo!

viccxx
Greece

Oops! Big boo-boo!

I uploaded a game yestarday and I was wondering why not a lot of people liked it, so i took another look at it and I was shocked to find that it was inelligible. Apparently, two fonts I used, Walter and Jokerman, though embedded in the document didn �t show as planned.
I am very dissapointed because it took me hours to make and each card for the game had graphics as watermarked background and I used special fonts, etc, but the file was too big. So I took out the graphics though it pained me to do so. Still it was too big because of the embeded fonts. Then I used NXPowerLite 4. Apparently, it took out the embedded fonts, so the appearance was crappy at best.

My heartfelt apologies to the people who downloaded the game and now have to change the fonts to even read what it says. I have updated the file, using simple fonts, I know it wont look as good as planned but at least you can read it.

I am not advertising my own work, because frankly I hate the way it looks now and I am seriously considering deleting it. If anyone thinks this is advertising I am truly sorry, but that was not the intention. It �s just that 17 people downloaded it and I owed it to them to explain what happened and to apologise.
Again I am trully sorry.

ps: congratulations Spain!

11 Jul 2010      

libertybelle
United States

I never heard of those fonts. You must also remember 2 things:
It is the children who must be able to read the writing on worksheets, games and
powerpoints.  Many of my kids can �t read those fancy fonts and I change them - so use a user-friendly font.
The second thing is that many members - especially from Europe and the USA are on vacation at the moment - so that might account for less downloads at the moment.

Try changing the font and update your contribution - it might help.

Happy summer

11 Jul 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

It �s always best to stick to universal fonts such as Arial, Comic, Tahoma, Verdana, MSSansSerif, Times New Roman  etc. when making worksheets. This will prevent these kind of problems. 

I also agree with Libertybelle that some fancy fonts are not suitable for language learners, unless they are upper-intermediate or advanced. 

12 Jul 2010     

viccxx
Greece

It was for intermediate and upwards students and the fonts weren �t so weird
Anyway that wasn �t my point. I was just frustrated because after working on the worksheet for hours, I wasn �t able to see it as it was meant to be. I �m a perfectionist and it has really got me down not to be able to give my best work. That was all...
Anyone who has alreadyy downloaded it and would like the original version with graphics and original fonts please PM me your email.

12 Jul 2010