Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL    

JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL

Kohaku
Japan

JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL

Anyone with a suggestion for Junior High School kids that don �t want to do anything. They have a decent yet growing vocabulary. They have problems with forming sentence structures and speaking appropriately. I was using a few of these worksheets (http://www.englishclub.com/esl-lesson-plans/worksheets_tp.htm) and also a picture based discussion from another member of this site. I feel that today was just a miserable experience. What can I do?

12 Jul 2010      

Vivilui
Argentina

Have you tried with a song that appeals to them? Or perhaps a project work on a topic that they like, e.g.  research on something like animals in extinction or anything that might be of interest to them and then creat a power point or a video. Perhaps it could do. Hope you can change their attitude. Big hugs from the Argentinian PatagoniHugaHug

12 Jul 2010     

atsanti85
Canada

Hi Kohaku,

What are the kids interested in?
Most of the time, kids like to play.  
There �s a website here with lots of "energizers", games that can be used to teach while getting the students to move!

The original website has links for other age groups and subjects too:

I hope they respond to that!  
All we can do is try our best so don �t lose heart!

12 Jul 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

Games games games - with lots of flashcards, wordcards and challenging riddles...

12 Jul 2010