Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > hi!!    

hi!!

cyan78
Spain

hi!!

Hi teachers, do you know any electronic dictionary to search some expresions, verbs... ?

18 Jul 2010      

Pachy
Spain

Hi

I �ve got one which is my most precious treasure. It �s a Casio EW-S100 which includes 3 dictionaries: the Oxford Dictionary English-Spanish / Spanish-English, the Oxford Advanced Learner �s Dictionary (monolingual) and the New Oxford Thesaurus of English. It �s very easy to use and includes lots of examples, idioms, synonyms, ... (it also includes a calculator but I think that �s the least important). There �s another electronic dictionary which includes as well a Spanish monolingual dictionary. I bought mine about four years ago and I know there is an up-to-date new one. Believe me, if my dictionary broke it right now, I would be buying another one (same one!) tomorrow morning!
Hope this information helps you.

Pachy

18 Jul 2010     

Urpi
Peru

Hi Pachy I have a question, could it be the same if I had a smart phone with internet connection or it has to be an electronic dictionary. Is it faster?
Thanks just want to know what would be more convenient.

19 Jul 2010     

Pachy
Spain

Hi, Urpi
I �m afraid I don`t know anything about the smart phone. The electronic dictionary I have is a handheld dictionary, not very big or heavy and very fast. I �ve surfed the internet and I �ve found something it can help you to have an idea of what it is like (the website is in Spanish).

Regards

19 Jul 2010     

Urpi
Peru

Thanks a bunch.  Have a nice week.Smile

19 Jul 2010     

cyan78
Spain

thank u so much for the information Pachy.

19 Jul 2010