Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > readers and movies    

readers and movies

nanadia
Argentina

readers and movies

Hi there! I need to use a reader with my adult  and teenager students (Elementary/preintermediate/intermediate) and I�d be great finding a reader not only intereting but also with a movie to help them understand the reader.
Could you recommend any? I�ve never done this before so I really have no idea which readers are more loyal to the movie and viceversa.

thanks!!

20 Jul 2010      

Morticia87
Argentina

Hi! With my  intermediate students we read "seven" I know the movie is quite old but they like it. You can also use the client with intermediate students and Matilda is another option with younger students. I also remember that penguin readers has "THE BEACH" which is based on a Leonardo Dicaprio�s film and it is not that old.
I also read "the Firm" and you have the movie as well. Four weddings and a funeral and there are more! you can visit penguin readers site and you�ll find lots of stories, some of them with audio.

hugs!

Sol

20 Jul 2010     

Amanda W
Austria

Hi,
I can recommend The Ladies � No 1 Detective Agency (elementary) by Alexander McCall Smith. It �s a Penguin Reader- Level 3, which you can buy with a CD and there has also been a film made of it. I �ve done it with several adult clases and the all enjoyed it. What is good about it is that his next book, The Tears of the Giraffe, also a Penguin Reader (also with CD), follows on with the same characters but is a level higher (level 4). I �ve done questions to both the books which are on my files here and which might help you. They are really nice stories (especially for adults) and the characters are so "human".
Hope this helps. Have a nice day,
Mandy

20 Jul 2010