Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > A HUGE suggestion to Victor    

A HUGE suggestion to Victor

Zora
Canada

A HUGE suggestion to Victor

I am personally getting very tired of seeing the main board cluttered up - once again - with people pointing out stolen material! Every morning, for the last week or so, I log on and there are two or three messages somewhere on the board pointing out that some person stole a worksheet. Heck, one person was even falsely accused and felt horrible afterwards... Confused

I think, it would be nice if there was a section of the forum that was dedicated to just "Stolen" printables and nothing else. Also, if possible, I think the forum should have it so this section�s post don�t show up on the main board. This way, the ugliness stops and if people are really all that interested in knowing about stolen worksheets  they can go and check it out daily.

Linda

27 Nov 2008      

libertybelle
United States

A good idea Linda!
I totally agree.
Another category could be the point system.
A great percent of messages here are about why people can�t see their
points 5 minutes after they have uploaded.

The rules are written on the site here, but many don�t read them.

Have a good day everyone.  It�s soon weekend.
L

27 Nov 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

How about the idea of the frequently asked questions that was raised some time ago.
Not that most people would bother checking them - but we could try...

Suggested Topics:
1) Points and how they work - Although Victor has put a giant line in red that explains this when you upload your worksheets....

2) Stolen Worksheets - what to do:  Although again Victor has a very obvious system in place under the worksheet - i don�t understand why people insist on bringing every stolen worksheet to the attention of the whole community when they could just report it and leave a comment on the worksheet.  By posting the link on the forum you are just calling attention to the worksheet!

3) Reducing File Size:  Possibly with the Logos link and a link to a good program

4) Designing Worksheets: Possibly with frenchfrog and Icha�s tutorial links - they are so good!

5) Online Exercises:  I know nothing about these really... Maybe there is someone who has made a good tutorial to put on this one??

We could a giant flashing sign above the forum with a big arrow that is animated and points towards it constantly.  Maybe a giant popup everytime you go on the forum saying - check FAQ!!!! 

Am I crazy?? I am suggesting an idea that I don�t think people will use....  It�s like asking your husband to read the instructions before assembling the kitset draws.  I great idea in theory!

Anyway... hoping it will help - what do you think - btw Victor - if you want people to write up the FAQ you could always approach a few of the regulars and give them a topic each and then edit it to your liking before putting it up.  I would be happy to make one and I am sure plenty of other regulars would also be happy to help out.

27 Nov 2008     

Mietz
Germany

I agree with your suggestions and would also happily offer to write something for the FAQ�s if Victor asked.

I�m also wondering if we could anyhow help Victor with the tidying up empty and corrupted worksheets a bit more. I am reporting every single one. There are loads of them at the moment and I think it�s partly due to technical problems. I do however wonder why on earth these members don�t realize themselves that their worksheets are showing empty or corrupted and delete them themselves!!!

With both - the empty and corrupted worksheets and the stolen ones I still think it might make sense to put in a patch that automatically deletes them once ten different members have reported it.

27 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

Good pint vickiii. couldn�t agree more.

28 Nov 2008