Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Suggested activities to start a lesson (warmers)    

Suggested activities to start a lesson (warmers)

carinita
Argentina

Suggested activities to start a lesson (warmers)

my next lesson will be a consolidation lesson
ss have to practice these structures
I/he/she/it was You/we/they were and Yes/ No questions Was...? Were....?and Short answers
The context I �m using is famous people in the past In particular, race car drivers : Ferrari, McLaren and others
(Students are 16 to 18 years old)
Thanks in advance

20 Aug 2010      

Vivilui
Argentina

So, what do you need?

20 Aug 2010     

teacher jessie
Argentina

A guessing game would be a good warmer. One student holds a picture of a famous person the others put questions in order to guess who he/she is (or was).

20 Aug 2010     

ccchangch
Peru

Hi Carinita,
Maybe you can do a speaking activity by using some activity cards.
Check these material, maybe you can find one that matches with
your students level:

Good luck!
Carmen

20 Aug 2010     

dennismychina
China

Hi Carina, Have you thought of a trivia, guessing game related to the topic? ie. Interesting / unusual statistics related to the drivers, the cars and the teams. Or depending on there language level, you could use a multiple choice guessing game.

Enjoy

20 Aug 2010     

carinita
Argentina

Aha! I think I �ll start with a soccer game (I found it in eslhq.com) I �ll have some question cards ready  Students will have to use short answers Yes, he was...No, he wasn �t ...etc Thanks!!!

20 Aug 2010