Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > WHO IS THE CRETIN WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOUR!!!    

WHO IS THE CRETIN WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOUR!!!

Redbull
Thailand

WHO IS THE CRETIN WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOUR!!!

Today I find this mes in my inbox........

Dear member,
This is a message to inform you that your contribution AMAZING WHAT OXI CLEAN DETERGENT CAN DO TO A SHIRT!!!! has been reported for not following the rules of the website.

The moderators will review it soon.

I have been told by lots of moderators this worksheet is in fact valid and all is ok

I got sent loads of pm �s stating they like the humour but YOU ALWAYS GET ONE OR TWO WHO DON �T SHARE THE SAME SENSE OF HUMOUR OR JOKE AND REPORT IT AS
PERSONAL.
THIS PERSON MUST BE A MANU FAN LOL.
I know it made a lot of you laugh and made up your day so all is not lost with this worksheet.

Redbull gives you wings you know Wink

22 Aug 2010      

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

You �re right,  your ws is at the reporting page. I checked it because I was curious after reading your thread, but now I have something to say:

- maybe I �m another cretin with no sense of humor

- maybe I don �t understand your sense of humor

- maybe we don �t share the same sense of humor

- maybe I take things more seriously and use the site as a resource for professional purposes and even when I share jokes, I prepare something ESL-related to turn it into a useful resource for students to learn and practice English

- maybe you have chosen the wrong place to share that kind of ws

- maybe you should be more respectful when directing to the other members, avoiding words like "cretin"

- maybe I �m an old lady typing during late night and have no idea what I �m talking about

- maybe you agree with me, maybe don �t. Maybe others do.

Well, after the other moderators vote your ws, we �ll know the truth.

Have a nice day / evening!

22 Aug 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Ok but may i ask is this worksheet valid (yes) or (no)

The true answer is yes please .......
remember this one when voting lol.
a valid worksheet stands as is.

One thing is for sheesh here .....and positive criticism is good and excepted
not negative criticism which this is very clear to me.

ESL-related to turn it into a useful resource for students to learn and practice English

so this worksheet doesn �t come under this part well if I said it does in a way to share differant
cultures and understanding of the way we have humour from around the world!!!

So who rattled your CCA. he he he.

Have a nice sleep don�t have any bad dreams over this please.

22 Aug 2010     

Apodo
Australia

I had a look at this worksheet as I was curious.
You have marked it Advanced. There are aproximately 10 words, none of which are particularly advanced. OK It �s a joke & a bit funny, but what does it teach?

22 Aug 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

Humour!!!!

And workshhet its within the website rules ....Please tell me if its not dohhhh.

22 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Redbull,

Could you describe how you would use your worksheet in class? It surely is not enough to take a look at the worksheet, have a laugh and then forget it...

22 Aug 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I have to agree that there is nothing to be learned from this worksheet.  I wouldn �t report it, but I did not find it particularly funny, and I have a problem with teaching bad words to students, who don �t know proper English
hugs from israel

Judy

22 Aug 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

REMEMBER THE RULES HERE!!!!!

(1)The activity of the moderators will be supervised by the administrator, who can decide to revoke the moderator privileges of anyone who does not moderate according to the rules.

(2) The reports will also be supervised by the administrator, who can decide to revoke the reporting privileges of anyone who reports worksheets without  justified reasons.
Should I say more......NO

22 Aug 2010     

baiba
Latvia

You seem to be fascinated by your own worksheet.....

22 Aug 2010     

Redbull
Thailand

No Baiba,
Just like a good debate lol.

22 Aug 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, I am another cr....... voting for removal of your ws.

I don �t like the words you �re using on the forum, not on your ws. I would never show it to my students as I teach them the "sh.." word you used is bad. You seem obsessed by your ws so much you are not objective.

Remember: Your ws is (maybe) funny but NOT an ESL-resource.

Remember: As a moderator I vote according to the rules. Of course sometimes I make a
               mistake, but not in the case of your ws.

Remember: I am pretty sure when Victor (the site owner) will see the ws, he will agree with 
               those of us who voted for removal. And he probably won �t be happy with the way
               you �re presenting yourself on the forum.

Recommendation: Calm down, take a deep breath and try to create something useful 
                           that won�t be  waste of paper.Wink

Have a great Sunday. Michaela

22 Aug 2010     

1    2    3    Next >