Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > teacherīs day    

teacherīs day

Morticia87
Argentina

teacherīs day

Hi!

On September, 11th we celebrate teacherīs day in Argentina.
I would like to ask you if you have some ideas, I was thinking about games or plays to work together with the teachers and have fun in our day.
I know youīll give me some ideas Wink

hugs!!

3 Sep 2010      

Arandela
Russian Federation

There is a good game, though I have never played it with teachers, but always with students. It is better to play in a big group. One person from the group is assigned the part of a teacher who has to give a lecture on importance of growing home plants (or whatsoever). He/she goes out for several minutes to prepare. At the same time the others in the group are given their parts.
Parts can be: lazy bones, nervous Daisy, crazy guy, sportsman, etc. As many as there are people in the group. So these "Students" have to behave according to their part. The teacher enters the room and starts teaching, while the Ss start behaving according to their parts. The aim of the gaim is that the teacher should identify Ss ī parts while giving his/her lecture. You can set a time limit depending on the size of the group.
It īs really great fun! So, my warmest wishes for you on the coming Teacher īs Day and have great laughSmile!

3 Sep 2010     

Morticia87
Argentina

thanks! Itīs a great idea! 

3 Sep 2010     

cacucacu
Argentina

I remember when I ws a littl girl. We used to celebrate teacher ī day all the forms together. Each form selecyed two or three volunteers to dressed up as a teacher (their own was better) and some students. They we īll get togethr with other form and the children imitating the teachers will say or do whateever was it that their teachers always do.
Sometimes it īs a great idea to tell your tudents to prepare something for you especially if you have pre adolescents because they come up with great idea.
I remember a couple of years ago a group of fifth graders sang a song they liked to their teachers. It was an excellent moment. I hope this is a great idea too
Love
Naty

3 Sep 2010     

ellakass
Israel

We took teachers ī pictures and prepared a funny ppt.
Have fun!

3 Sep 2010     

anaisabel001
Spain

You  may find some useful ideas here:http://www.esl-kids.com/.

Have fun!!

3 Sep 2010