Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > RECOMMENDED GRAMMAR and VOCABULARY BOOKS (for beginners and intermediate students)    

RECOMMENDED GRAMMAR and VOCABULARY BOOKS (for beginners and intermediate students)

joebcn
Andorra

RECOMMENDED GRAMMAR and VOCABULARY BOOKS (for beginners and intermediate students)

Hi everybody!!!!

I start my English classes next week and I would like to know if you recommend any good grammar and vocabulary books to your students. I usually create a worksheet with a list of grammar, reference and vocabulary books and dictionaries (bilingual because I teach low levels)
I am particularly interested in my Upper Vocational Training students who have to pass an English entry test in less than seven months. The test consists of a reading text with comprehension questions , a fill in the gaps text (grammar) and a composition. This means they do not need any listening or speaking skills.
I �m thinking of the popular Michael Swan �s Practical English Usage. I �d be grateful if you suggested other books or online resources suitable for my students.

Thanks a lot in advance and have a good Sunday.Thumbs Up

Joe

12 Sep 2010      

Sonn
Russian Federation

I like Oxford Grammar in Context (there are both fill in gaps tasks and texts with the same tasks). English Grammar in Use by R. Murphy is a classical and popular book which I use when I want my students to get better results for a short time. Swan is also brilliant. You can also try Matrix Foundation, but you should miss the listening tasks there if don �t need them.
Best wishes

12 Sep 2010