Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Heavy cliparts    

Heavy cliparts

claudiafer
Argentina

Heavy cliparts

Hello dear collegues; I am having trouble with my ws because the images are too heavy, and I cannot upload the work. I tried compressing imgages, but it is useless. How can I do?

15 Sep 2010      

blunderbuster
Germany

Claudiafer,

Do you have a graphics program that lets you export graphics in a different format? There you could also choose the compression level, I just uploaded something with a compression level of 15 and it barely makes a difference in picture quality but the difference in size is enormous.

15 Sep 2010     

claudiafer
Argentina

Blunderbuster: I guess I have those programs but: Which is the one that compress files in smaller sizes? JPG PNG....?Thanks in advance

15 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

I use gif or jpg, depending on the effects, you have to play with it to foind out what gives you the best result. I NEVER use png.

15 Sep 2010     

claudiafer
Argentina

Thank you very much!

15 Sep 2010     

s.lefevre
Brazil

I have a program called JPEG resizerv2.1. You can download it for free. It makes the images realy very light and it �s easy to use.

15 Sep 2010     

claudiafer
Argentina

Thank you s.lefevre. sorry I have been very busy and had not time to check the forum.

17 Sep 2010