Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > English for Business Environment    

English for Business Environment

Baadache
Canada

English for Business Environment

have you ever expienced teaching business English in business environement, if yes , would you please give me an idea about that. Because I used to teach in the secondary school.

Thank you

15 Sep 2010      

hdefined
United States

Are you asking other people to teach you how to do a job you don �t know how to do?

16 Sep 2010     

annabelle1654
Germany

If secondary school is adults, just prepare yourself with either a good book or good materials that are available here or on the web.  Business english can sound intimidating, especially in a space you �re not familiar with, but that will change once you get to know your students.   You �ll have to do your homework, if the subject is specialized ESP, English for a specific purpose, but if you �re bright, you can learn almost anything at an elementary level and remember you are an English teacher, not a business person, so any specialized training they may request words for you can try to help or just smile deprecatingly and say sorry that �s out of my area of expertise!
Good luck,
We all have to begin at the beginning, when we are doing something for the first time.

Best wishes,
Belles

16 Sep 2010