Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Help with a synonym    

Help with a synonym

helenarechena
Portugal

Help with a synonym

Hi fellow teachers!!

Which noun in the following text, could be considered as a synonym for SELF-CONFIDENCE:

"Today teens often don�t feel needed or vital to the welfare of the family. Parents do well to include responsibilities and chores in the daily lives of their children. Teens need money, perhaps in the form of an allowance. However, chores should be considered a necessary part of working together as a family. This helps knit family as a team.

Other ways of developing needed structure are to have meals together and create some family rituals. Too many moms and dads become absentee parents while fantasizing that the outward poise of their teens means they want to be left alone. Teens need and want their parents� love and guidance. Be there for them and don�t be afraid to sometimes say no. "           

� I think it must be "structure" but I �m not so sure...Confused  
Let me know what you think, please.
Have a nice weekend       

17 Sep 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

no, it �s POISE. look here:  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/poise

17 Sep 2010     

helenarechena
Portugal

Thanks Elo, you �ve been very helpful. Smile

17 Sep 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

you �re welcome dear!
have a nice week-end!

17 Sep 2010     

edrodmedina
United States

Poise gets my vote. Ed

17 Sep 2010     

zoemorosini
United States

Definitely POISE.  It �s how one carries her/himself outwardly, as in her/his posture and physical manifestation of confidence.

17 Sep 2010