Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Lost CDs    

Lost CDs

tvillikko
United Kingdom

Lost CDs

Hi Colleagues,

Just to share with you what annoys me with some text books out there: audio CDs come with the book and are in a little plastic pouch attached to the inside cover. I �ve lost so many of those as they �ve slipped out or I �ve forgotten to put it back (or one of my colleagues)! And then, of course, you have to buy a new book because you can �t get the CD separately. From now on, I �m going to copy all of my school �s CDs on my computer to have a backup copy! I just realised I �ve lost two ESOL CDs in a matter of days! 

18 Sep 2010      

Kaleidoscope
India

Hi there,

I completely understand how it feels to lose something which is of great help..

I think the companies can provide two copies so that one can be preserved and used as a back up when required.

Also, you can have the content copied on your system or on a CD... That should help !

Above all, I think the manufacturing compines should come up with language toolkits which can support the CDs and other material  safely.

18 Sep 2010     

baiba
Latvia

You have solved the problem yourself Tanja! Copy the CD on your computer or a flashcard and never worry about it again!
I do it too, and it has always saved me!

18 Sep 2010     

marinamc
Spain

Hi!

I don �t know how it works in other countries but what I do when I lose some CD or when starting a new course the previous teacher lost a book or if they are quite damaged we phone the publisher  and they send us what we need.

At least this is what we �ve always done here :)

Marina

18 Sep 2010     

viccxx
Greece

Hi!
I had the same problem last year with a class CD for one of my McMillan books and when I sent them an email and explained the problem they not only replaced it, but sent me a whole set of McMillan readers when I complained that the Customer service person on the phone had refused to help me.

18 Sep 2010     

tvillikko
United Kingdom

Thanks! I will ring them on Monday and tryto get new copies. I don �t expect them to replace them for free but you never know. Don �t want to fork out �60 for two new books... 

18 Sep 2010