Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > Correct Grammar    

Correct Grammar

JudyHalevi
Israel

Correct Grammar

I have downloaded many worksheets since I have been a member here, and I love this site.  Thank you to all you wonderful people who have uploaded you wonderful worksheets.

I have to admit that many of the worksheets have grammatical errors that need to be corrected.  Some of them are so outrageous and plentiful that I have had to either delete the worksheet or just about rewrite the text.  It makes me wonder about the people who are teaching English today.

Today, I downloaded a worksheet that after 20 minutes of correction errors, at least one on each line, I just deleted the worksheet because I couldn �t understand the last line.  I had no idea what this person was trying to say.

Hugfrom Israel

Judy

19 Sep 2010      

ELOJOLIE274
France

hello,
did you write a comment to warn the people who will download this worksheet that there are a lot of mistakes? or - if you don �t want to do that - send a PM to its author saying that he/she should correct his/her ws before uploading them...
we �re only human, so it �s normal to find a few mistakes in every worksheet - however if there are too many of them we must do something about that...
have a nice day

19 Sep 2010     

JudyHalevi
Israel

1.Writing in the public forum of comments would be very embarrassing for the person/people who uploaded the worksheet.
2.I am not talking about regular human errors, I am talking about a basic lack of knowledge of English grammar.
3.  Love your cats.
Hugs
Judy

19 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Rating system?

Design?
Content?
Originality?
Language?

Works fine on ebay, why not in a place like this ;o)

Leaving negative comments would poison the atmosphere, I think!

19 Sep 2010     

Phen
Thailand

I �ll be glad when I get pm. for the error of my worksheet. then I �ll update my worksheet again. Thank you for useful comment.  

19 Sep 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

1- i wasn �t talking about leaving a post on the forum but about sending a "comment" after you downloaded the ws - usually I say "thank you", but when I spot a mistake or two, i just leave a comment so that the author and the people who will download the worksheet after me know about the mistakes and can correct them...
2- yes, i realized you were talking about "a basic lack of knowledge of English grammar", that �s why I say that if we spot too many mistakes we must do something - send a comment or PM the author...
3- glad you love my cats, they �re both really lovely, except when they wake me up around 7.00 am on a sunday morning... LOL

have a nice day!

19 Sep 2010