Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Losing two points and downloading a picture???    

Losing two points and downloading a picture???

blunderbuster
Germany

Losing two points and downloading a picture???

Hi,

The following has been happening to me: I right-click to download a printable, the save-as screen appears, but not the printable �s name appears but "download", I give the printable a name, I open it, it opens as a corrupted picture file and I lose two points. When I go to the folder where the thing is, it says it is an active server file. If I download a again, without changing the name, just left-click, I lose another two points.

Can you tell me why that is? Victor, can I fix this, can you?

27 Sep 2010      

baiba
Latvia

Hi bb,

I somehow don �t get it why you right-click. You have to LEFT-click, download a worksheet, then change its name and save on your PC.

27 Sep 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

If I left-click, it saves automatically and I have to re-save the file.....

27 Sep 2010     

baiba
Latvia

You can just drag it out of the Downloads folder and then into whatever folder you want.
If you right-click on the worksheet here, you get only the picture, not the Word document.

27 Sep 2010     

kodora
Greece

I know what you mean because it has happened to me two or three times before.I used to right click and save the printable directly to my file.Then I realised that the name of the printable did not show in the save as window but only the word "download" and of course there is the matter of losing two points instead of one.The fact is that I always downloaded printables with the right click without having any problems.
Dora

27 Sep 2010     

blizzard1
Denmark

Have you changed from Explorer to maybe Firefox?
That could be an explanation.

I �ve never had the problem you mentioned but I always left click and the document opens up autommatically with the name of eslprintables + a lot of numbers like the date, ws # and so on. I always keep that information and add the subject and the name of the member.

It might sound like a lot of work but in that makes it easier for me to find a ws about the subject I need.

Elizabeth

27 Sep 2010     

serene
Greece

Regina, if you are using Firefox, you can click on Tools in the menu bar, then Options and in the General tab check the option Always ask me where to save files. This way the printables you download won �t be saved automatically. 

27 Sep 2010     

PhilipR
Thailand

Yeah, somebody fix this quickly please. It �s a major issue if you have over 10,000 points... Wacko

28 Sep 2010