Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Health Problems!    

Health Problems!

englishbookworm1
Morocco

Health Problems!

Hello,

I �m to teach a lesson about health problems. I decided about using flashcards & different worksheets available on this website. But, i �m in need of activities & games that �ll engage & involve my Ss. I need some suggestions that �ll make my Ss speak. Moreover, i �d be very grateful if u �d suggest to me a good warm up that �ll lead smoothly to the topic of health problems.

Thanks in advance,

25 Oct 2010      

edrodmedina
United States

How many students and how old are they? What level of proficiency?

25 Oct 2010     

englishbookworm1
Morocco

Thanks Edrodedina for replying,

As for the number, it �s a bit of a large class 38 to 40. But the lesson i �ll be teaching is gonna be for two classes, one class is about 20 & the second one is 40 . My Ss are teenegers & they r intermediate Ss.

25 Oct 2010     

missiky
Morocco

hello bookwarm,

I always greet my students with � hello how are you today � and they always reply with fine thanks, and you  � I would cease the opportunity to say that I don �t feel okay, and pretend to have a headache or sth. so first you will have to explain headache to them and that will lead  them smoothly to the lesson.  you can use your flashcards , and as a follow up activity you could give some cards to students and ask thime to mime what �s in the cards. students will have to say the name of this illness. my students love miming activities and they learn from it a lot and they laugh a lot about the way their classmate act.  you can also use roleplays, patient and doctor.

good luck

Ikram

25 Oct 2010