Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teachers from Paraguay I need your asistance, please!    

Teachers from Paraguay I need your asistance, please!

Vernica
Belgium

Teachers from Paraguay I need your asistance, please!

Hello:

Yesterday evening a cute girl, sixteen years old, came into our school to learn English. Till here, everything is right. What If I tell you that she arrived to Spain one month ago and She doesnt even know the verb TO BE? Can this be possible? I mean Is It true that in Paraguay schools dont teach English till two years before college? How should I face this challenge? since my worksheets are really childish!

My best wishes 

Vero

28 Oct 2010      

abba
Spain

Yes, that �s true, the same has happened to me several times, the students I have had from Paraguay don �t know a word in English. It seems that according to their education system English is not taught until they are 14-15. I must say that the students I have had are immigrants and they have attended state schools, perhaps it is different in private schools.

28 Oct 2010     

Vernica
Belgium

Thank you very much Abba. She �s attending a State school too, she comes to ours to learn English because the tuthor told her that even if they adapted her "curriculm" into minimal contents I t wouldn �t be enough.
By they way how do you deal with these students?
My best and thanks again.

28 Oct 2010     

abba
Spain

Well, I prepare a very basic dossier for them to be able to work individually. The last years our school could afford having levels, I mean, there were two heterogeneous groups and a homogeneous one in each level. The last one was made up by immigrants and we did a lot of oral activites, activities with flashcards, dominoes... However, this year because of the crisis the number of teachers has been reduced and we cannt divide students according to their level and I do my best with dossiers, a picture dictionary and online activities. There �s a lot of graphic material in MES-english. Take a look there. I hope to have helped a little bit.

28 Oct 2010     

Vernica
Belgium

Thanks a bunch!!!!!

28 Oct 2010