Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Making a family tree, in a glimpse    

Making a family tree, in a glimpse

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Making a family tree, in a glimpse

Hi, hope you are all enjoying weekend

I came across  this site some time ago, I find it quite useful when we are teaching family.
You can add as many family members and relationship as you wish. Then you save it and, if you feel like it, you can add some clipart, as I did, after you have it pasted as word.doc.
Hope you find it useful.

EDIT : Yes, Laly, it�s free ( well, at least up till now )LOL
linda

http://www.familyecho.com/#edit:START

Edit ( 2nd )

Creating an account doesn´t mean you have to pay; the application is intended for genealogical records, so, you must have your family tree recorded.
To use it in the classroom, the only thing you need, if you don´t want to create an account , is just get a print screen.

30 Oct 2010      

Lancillotta:
Italy

Thanks!!!

30 Oct 2010     

Laly59
Spain

Thank you dear Olinda, kisses. Is free this site?

30 Oct 2010     

blunderbuster
Germany

Laly, you will have to register to use the site. I wonder why that is...

30 Oct 2010     

Flora1
Brazil

Thaaaanks!!!

30 Oct 2010     

KELEN PRISCILA
Brazil

tnx...dear friend

30 Oct 2010     

Lidia B.
Germany

Great site!!!

Thanks a lot! Hug

30 Oct 2010     

victoriamontero
Argentina

Hi! The site�s great! I�d like to include nice cilp art like yours. Where did you take it from? Is it free? Thanks!!! Victoria. 

30 Oct 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Vic

Well, I �m not sure what you mean. The site I provided is free, we make the family tree as we like. Next, I make a print screen ( I work with a Mac, so, itis control, shift, 3  - in a pc, I �m not sure what the keys are or how you can make it, but if you asj here, someone will answer, for sure. )Then I cut the part of the print screen I want, I use Photoshop, usually, and paste it on a word.doc. Next, I insert the family "photos". The ones I used are not free, they are from:
http://www.thistlegirldesigns.com/

If I didn �t answer exactly what you need, feel free to pm, ok?

Hugs
Linda

31 Oct 2010