Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Teaching Technique: Chants?    

Teaching Technique: Chants?

brookee
United States

Teaching Technique: Chants?

Hello esteemed teachers,

Do any of you use chants in the classroom?  I�m intrigued by the idea, and looking for comments, ideas and resources.  I have Carol Graham�s book, and I�ve looked at About.com�s extensive list already, but I�m curious to see what you all think...

Thanks, Brooke

PS...I teach adults, so adult-oriented content is especially welcome.
PPS...I�m specifically looking for a chant to practice pronunciation of -ed in the past tense, if anyone�s got one :)

4 Dec 2008      

Greek Professor
Greece

HI..

CHECK OUT THIS SITE

OH... CHECK OUT THIS SITE AS WELL...

AND THIS....

4 Dec 2008     

medo
United Arab Emirates

hi brookee,
    I am Abdel Hameed, a teacher of English working in the UAE. I teach young learners. I am using the idea of using chants . It is a good idea , specially when we teach English as EFL.

5 Dec 2008     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I have never used chants, but on checking out the above sites, I know I now will.  Thanks for the sites Greek Professor.

6 Dec 2008