Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > How to call ...    

How to call ...

Baadache
Canada

How to call ...

When we make a change in a writer �s passage or a journalist �s article, for a reading text, we must mention that with the resource bellow our reading text. How to call this or what word we should mention for copyright.

Thank you in advance

Siham

11 Nov 2010      

magneto
Greece

I think "adapted from..." + your source.

Looking forward to suggestions from others!

11 Nov 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

Hello, Siham,
In one of my ws I made a footnote that stated: abriged article from... (the source) you can also write adapted article (or whatever the piece of writing is) from... if you changed the wording not just the size. That �s what I would do.
May be you should wait for more comments from native speakers.
Take care,
Sophia
P.S. 2 magneto: we were posting simultaneouslySmile

11 Nov 2010     

magneto
Greece

Hehe, looks like we were! Thumbs Up

11 Nov 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

I agree with magneto and ueslteacher. Let me just add that if you shorten the text, it will be a good idea to write the source and then the remark �abridged and adapted� or simply "abridged and adapted from ..." [insert the website link or name of the book/story and the original author�s name]! ;))

12 Nov 2010     

Baadache
Canada

Thank you Magento, Sophia and Linda a lot. 

12 Nov 2010