Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > asking about your experience about teaching reading    

asking about your experience about teaching reading

om montaha
Tunisia

asking about your experience about teaching reading

Hi COLLEAGES!
tell me about your own experienceabout teaching reading

6 Dec 2010      

nombasa
South Africa

Good morning
This is such a vast area that I don �t think anyone knows where to start.  I have been teaching for 28 years and still marvel at the process of learning to read.  I think that too many teachers and parents want quick results (and for some children it is possible) without trying to understand what language and communication is and how our brains work.  Once you know a bit about this it is easier to create confident readers who have firm foundations created for the rest of life.
Most of our memories of learning situations are cloaked with emotion - sometimes positive and sometimes negative.  If it is a positive emotion then you are more likely to push on even when things get tough.  It is therefor essential that you set up you readers for success.  Make reading a fun and enjoyable experience.  Never let it become a battle ground.
There are so many strategies that can be used for the effective teaching of reading but what always amazes me is how most of our pupils learn inspite of us!  It keeps us humble.

6 Dec 2010     

kofec
Austria

Many families, especially in underserved communities, cannot afford to purchase computers or high-speed internet connections. In rural or remote areas, the lack of broadband infrastructure state of writing at linkedin pulse reviews can limit access to the internet.

20 Oct 2023