Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Reporting other users ´ worksheets...    

Reporting other users ´ worksheets...

agnesk75
France

Reporting other users ´ worksheets...

hi there! i ve just had a message telling me one of my worksheet had been reported for breaking the rules of the website...Well, fair enough! I admit that this worksheet contains pictures and just one activity " describe the pictures". This is because, as i mentioned in the description of the worksheet,  i was going to upload the questionnaire later as my files were too heavy to be uploaded because of the 500 ko limit...
I find it quite irritating that  some people don ´t read what is written and report worksheets, just for the pleasure of reporting...
I was quite happy to be a member of this site ( so far!) but now I start wondering: what ´s the point if it s just a reflection of this society in which teachers are in constant competition? I thought this site was about sharing...and not denouncing and using sneaky methods to be considered as the best...
I m really disappointed and hope this won t happen again...If it does, i ll just say goodbye to ESL as i have colleagues with whom i work and who do a great job...
I just thought this site would widen my creativity and give me ideas...But basically I don ´t need it to survive in my classroom...!

6 Dec 2010      

silvanija
Lithuania

Well, it ´s up to you what to say: hello or good bye... Or you can just compress the pics and reupload your ws together with the questionnaire ( you can find free tutorials how to do that on the site). IMHO, it´s a waste of space to upload only 4 pics.
But you needn ´t be rude here. Everyone judges about the others according to his own acts (do not know how to say it in English correctly).

BTW, as far as I can see most of the moderators vote for your ws to stay.

6 Dec 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Hi,
the problem I can see there is that in the ws concerned are only 4 pictures. For me it ´s only clipart, sorry. I know you uploaded another ws with activities for the first one but...why it couldn ´t be uploaded in one document? If the pictures are too heavy, there are free tutorials where you can find the information about how to compress pictures. If you compress them, you can upload the whole activity in one ws. There are members who put 10 and more pictures with no problem.

Just my humble opinion.

Take care, Michaela

6 Dec 2010     

sulekra
Australia

I think the vast majority take no "pleasure" from reporting, it ´s about keeping the site fair and clean.

An extra suggestion is to look at some of the tutorials on how to decrease the size of your worksheet, such as compressing images, and you ´ll probably never have a problem with either the 500kb limit or a worksheet not being considered an ESL resource because you couldn ´t fit everything together.

*edit*
woops, looks like we all responded together at the sameWink

6 Dec 2010     

agnesk75
France

Thank you for your advice! I ll try to decrease the size of my pictures then. the thing is I m not that good with my computer but this will be a good challenge for me to do that and besides I ll learn a lot from it.Wink   Didn ´t mean to be rude by the way...I was just I must admit a bit angry because I try to do my best on this website...
Thank you all for your comments and advice Big smile
Take care xxxx

6 Dec 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

I am sure your computer skills will improve. Since I started creating wss two years ago, I have learnt a lot of new things. It ´s a great challenge for most of us. Wink

6 Dec 2010     

agnesk75
France

Yes I agree, that ´s great to learn new things...Teachers need to be taught too Smile  I have found a lot of tutorials I will work on this week and will be back with brand new worksheets next week ;)
Thanks so much for your help and understanding Clap

6 Dec 2010     

silvanija
Lithuania

Good luck Big smile. Most of us had to struggle with the size of files at the beginning. BTW, it was only 300kb then.

6 Dec 2010     

pilarmham
Spain

I don ´t think anyone can say reporting is fun. On the contrary, it is time-consuming and always makes you uneasy. When I read posts like this one I just wonder: shouldn ´t we question ourselves as easily as we question others?. I mean, I understand your irritation, Agnes, but really: would you download a worksheet which offers little more than a couple of images? Isn ´t this a great place to learn and improve? Are you sure you want to leave all the great reasources it offers?

6 Dec 2010     

agnesk75
France

Yes Pilarmham...Actually you ve made a point! So i ll try to improve my computer skills and i shouldn ´t have any more problems...
Thank you Silvanija! I promise I won ´t make a fuss any more Smile

6 Dec 2010     

agnesk75
France

I ve managed to upload a new document, thanks to you all!!! So now I have 7 pages which won ´t be reported I reckon Big smile
Thanks a million!!!!!

6 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >