Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day 2nd shift    

Word of the Day 2nd shift

franknbea
United Kingdom

Word of the Day 2nd shift

Hi all, for the evening crowd here is today �s word and earlier post

and the word is:  ABDERIAN

you all know the rules, blah, blah blah...
good luck!

9 Dec 2010      

stefemma
France

It �s a French way of saying "you �re welcome".
"Thank you for holding the door for me", answer "Ah, bah de rien!"

9 Dec 2010     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

That �s a good one, StephanieThumbs Up
Sophia
P. S. here�s my definition (not as witty) abderian is an adjective used to describe a person who has a habit of dressing up for the derby, e.i he looks abnormally derbian. And a hat like this one is a must  ... Had to remove the hat as it was distorting the forumConfused

9 Dec 2010     

imanito
Morocco

Abderian is the name of the male child of an Arab man married with an American woman. He wanted to name his child "Abdelkader"  and she wanted to name him "Ryan".....after many days of heated arguments and 3900 $ on marriage counseling, they came up with this compromise.

9 Dec 2010     

Mariethe House
France

Stephanie!!!LOLLOL

9 Dec 2010     

Denisa
Romania

Here �s me playing for the first time...
My guess -it is a mixture in three languages ab-from the "dead" Latin, der- from German (I think) and ian- from...Ian in English.
 so the result would be "by the Ian" but due to the fact that somebody was angry with Ian, he came up without a capital letter!Wacko

9 Dec 2010     

DebbieCampbell
United Kingdom

Is it a person/product from the Almer�an municipality of Adra?

9 Dec 2010     

crazy_turtle
United Kingdom

Ab-deri-an: A person obssessed with their abdominal muscles "abs" and the derierre. An abderian frequently works out and is excessively self concious of these specific areas of the human body. Abderians are extremely narcissistic and are often found posing looking at these areas in the mirror.

To find specific examples of an abderian watch on MTV or google "Jersey Shore".

10 Dec 2010