Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word collocations and Discussion Day (READING)    

Word collocations and Discussion Day (READING)

countryman_tm
Vietnam

Word collocations and Discussion Day (READING)

Dear friends,

I have two questions that really need your help.

1. I am teaching Intermediate students READING AND VOCABULARY. We ask students to read some articles at home, then select 10 new words, then find all collocations of such words. During tutorials in the next lesson, we have to check those collocations. Could you please suggest me some ways to check them?

2. I am teaching Upper-intermediate students READING. We often assign certain groups of students to read certain chapters at home. Then during the next lesson, we have a DISCUSSION DAY. In means, students will sit together and discuss  and share what they read. Could you suggest me some ways for those discussions to create a learning and interesting atmosphere in class.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS.

I really look forward to your replies.

Best wishes,

Hien

11 Dec 2010      

anitarobi
Croatia

You can find so many ideas for doing reading passages in moravc �s ws http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=382739#thetop

11 Dec 2010     

countryman_tm
Vietnam

Thank you, Anitarobi for sending me the link! Thanks Moravc, too for your great worksheet!

11 Dec 2010