Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > SONGS´ TITLES TO DANCE    

SONGS´ TITLES TO DANCE

aran
Spain

SONGS´ TITLES TO DANCE

hello everybody, I need your help.
Every year I have to prepare a show with my Primary 3 students where they sing and dance a song in English in front of many people. Last year for example they performed "ABC" from the Beatles; they also worked on "Hokey Cokey"... But my ideas are finishing. Can you suggest me any title that can result easy to choreagrapher and sing and that is good fun at the same time? Thank you  

14 Dec 2010      

t.gyorgyi
Hungary

Hello,

what about London Bridge Is Falling Down? You can find the lyrics and the tune on kidsmusicweb.com for free.
I hope it helps!

Best wishes,
Györgyi
:-)

14 Dec 2010     

arielmlee
Malaysia

Dear Aran,

You can check out my blog for songs and dance steps. This Sunday, a group of my students will sing "The Show by Lenka". They will do some action while singing it. I also have another group of little kiddies who will dance to the tune of "Rock Around the Clock" (*doing the twist). My students will perform their shows in front of 150 people. We are having a Christmas Dinner Party. You can look at our rehearsal video on my blog. I hope it will help u.

The videos are on the left of the site.

With warmest wishes
Ariel

14 Dec 2010     

libertybelle
United States

The Hokey Pokey.  (You put your right foot in- you put your right foot out..)

14 Dec 2010     

lshorton99
China

What about a Jackson 5 number - they ´re usually quite simple. I also like the Hokey Cokey - it ´s lots of fun. Head, Shoulders, Knees andToes is also good.

Lindsey

14 Dec 2010     

dennismychina
China

This is something a bit different.

I’ve been teaching my little one the months of the year but with a twist. Do you remember song and dance” The Macarena”?

Well there are 16 moves in the “dance”. The first 12 are hand and arm movements. (The same number as the months in the year. Oh wow!) The last 4 are changed to suit little one like an exaggerated bum wiggle and a ¼ turn. Repeat. While the first 12 moves are being done encourage some body movement. The kids love it, especially when December comes along with an extravagantly wide sweep of the arm, smacking the right bum cheek, followed by a body wiggle (like in Hokey Pokey)

I haven’t used the Macarena music because in China we are restricted as far as internet searching goes and I haven’t been able to find a suitable instrumental version.

You can find moves here…….  http://www.ehow.com/how_2057774_dance-macarena.html  and there are many examples of the dance on the net. You might need to slow the music down a bit. And there are some freeware editing programs available to download.

As an entrance you could get you kid to skip onto the stage, take their positions, shout HEY and start the dance.

Enjoy.

PS. As for London Bridge is Falling Down, I use flashcards of various musical instruments and have the kids sound the tune out prior to singing it. If you change the sound of the instrument slightly, you can get the children to practise some difficult phonics or sounds that are different in English to their native language.

D.M.

14 Dec 2010     

Lancillotta:
Italy

Try here:

Hugs
Sabrina

14 Dec 2010