Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Can īt find what I īm looking for     

Can īt find what I īm looking for

MarionG
Netherlands

Can īt find what I īm looking for

The search function doesn īt agree with me...
I am looking for a story gap fill worksheet  which uses only regular verbs in past simple. I am pretty sure some wonderful worksheets on the subject exist but I can īt find them...Every time I type īregular � it finds me all the irregular verb sheets as well since īregular � is part of the word īirregular �   AAAHHHHRRRG
I don īt need unconnected sentences (those I īve got lots) but rather a story. Ideally, it would be in fairytale style . It can have īto be � in past tense but the other verbs should be regular... If you uploaded a sheet like that or if you know of a sheet like this, pleeeease let me know (here or by PM)

22 Dec 2010      

Mariethe House
France

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=111880

22 Dec 2010     

flo84
France

I īve found this but is it exactly what you are looking for ?

22 Dec 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

Mariethe, thanks! My students are only 11 yrs old and pre-intermedeate in level, I īm not so sure the subject talks to them but it is indeed the kind of thing I īm looking for.
Flo84, (and Mariethe) which key words did you use to search?
Flo84, the sheets you suggested are indeed OK for the level of my students but I really want a kind of story. Maybe if I use your keywords + īstory � I can find something?

22 Dec 2010     

flo84
France

I used "past simple regular verbs"

Good luck in your search

Flo

22 Dec 2010     

Mariethe House
France

I googled "stories past simple regular verbs"

Hereīs a story which  should be adapted to the age of your pupils! Some verbs are irregular but can be changed for regular ones! Have a look!

http://www.musicalenglishlessons.org/contributors/carlboarder-mrhungry.htm

22 Dec 2010     

anca13
Romania

something like this?Smile

Or like these so cute ones?

You can adapt them really pretty simple.Wink

22 Dec 2010     

victor
Spain

I īve seen this:
It īs not gap-filling, but could be easily edited.

22 Dec 2010     

MarionG
Netherlands

I will try with the suggested key words, thanks..
Anca, of course I know aimee īs sheets, but just like the other one you suggested (which has over 1700 downloads ?!) it has both regular and irregular verbs.
this is my student īs first encounter with the past tense so I want to start with regulars only... Thanks anyway..

Edit: Victor, you posted while I typed , Iīll have a look, thanks! 

22 Dec 2010     

nasnous
Tunisia

May be this one can be helpful, you can change the selected verbs if you want your students to deal only with regular verbs.

22 Dec 2010     

jecika
Serbia

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=222492#thetop

22 Dec 2010     

1    2    Next >