Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > ..Teachers in Quebec, Canada.    

..Teachers in Quebec, Canada.

Baadache
Canada

..Teachers in Quebec, Canada.

Hi, friends,

I address teachers in the Province of Quebec, Canada.

To be allowed to teach in Quebec, les Commissions Scolaires require the CEFRANC or SEL exam, in French of course. I got informed that the test is CEFRANC niveau 3 if you are a teacher of  English as a second language. 

I wonder if this what you passed through and that includes writing a lettre and grammar questions.

Thank you in advance.

2 Jan 2011      

melahel7
Canada

Hi Baadache,

I don �t know about the CEFRAN level that �s required.  However, if I may suggest, it �d be better for you to take the SEL.  It �s a lot easier.  The SEL consists of a 250 word essay on an eductional topic plus a grammar part with several mutliple choice questions.  Hope this helps.

Melahel

3 Jan 2011     

_babz
Canada

I personally did the CEFRANC for English teachers.....and it �s hard....and I �m fluent in both languages!

There �s a section, where you need to find the errors....and the second section is a letter...

all I have to say is: study! (grammar, spelling)

ps: I �ve heard the SEL is a lot easier...

3 Jan 2011     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �m too old and I passed a local exam at the time I was hired. However, I know in the BEALS program, students need to pass the French exam at 60% to be able to do their practicum while they need 80% or more in the French program.

3 Jan 2011