Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What is happening?    

What is happening?

Sara5
Kuwait

What is happening?

Dear teachers,

I have uploaded a ws yesterday and it was a real mess. However it was more than perfect When I downloaded it.

Why is this happening? Could anyone explain to me, please. Is it because of the font i have used or the tables??

Thanks in advance
Sara5

4 Jan 2011      

Mar0919
Mexico

Hello, Sara. Don �t worry, when you see the worksheets in the "Preview" window, it is very common to see them kind of strange, moved or out of place. Nevertheless, once downloaded they are perfect. So, don �t worry. As long as you explain clearly what your ws is about in the description, the person who downloads will not be discouraged seeing the preview.

4 Jan 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

Dear Sara, I downloaded it and it did indeed seem off because the table moved and the text alignment was strange. However I fixed it in my pc, and if you wish, pm me your e-mail and I can send you your version �fixed �. You might try updating the printable with that version to see if everything moves again or stays fine. There seems to have been some problem with the picture of the green silhouette (I moved it a bit and then I was able to fix stuff).  I hope it works.

4 Jan 2011     

zailda
Brazil

The Censored tables have the bad habit of moving after we upload a printable, that �s why I avoid tables, I prefer to insert data into boxes and them I resize and group them. As a matter of fact, I group everything (titles, homemade borders, pictures, boxes, word shapes, etc.) to keep them in the right place after I upload.

Sometimes (because of different margin settings) the second page goes to the first and its content "hides" behind the first page content, but I just insert a blank page and drag the second page content to the second page (from where it shouldn �t have gone).

Word documents are stubborn and hardly ever do what we want them to, using boxes instead of tables (which I can barely drag without messing the whole document) you can MAKE them stay where you want by grouping everything.

Hope it helps.

Have a nice day!

4 Jan 2011     

anitarobi
Croatia

Yup, grouping has worked miracles for me, too. And using text boxes becomes unnecessary once you �ve learned a few tricks. Which is another reason I like this site - I �ve learned so much since joining here...

4 Jan 2011