Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Business English    

Business English

[email protected]
United Kingdom

Business English

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good one-to-one Business English book to use with an  advanced (C2 / C1) business student? The person in question is the manager of a very large company and already uses English on a daily basis, but he �s keen to improve. I �ve never specifically taught B Eng, although I incorporate it into my lessons, so I would be very happy to work from a recommendation. BTW, the book (ideally) won �t have many (or any) written exercises - this guy doesn �t have time for written homeworks, and wants to spend the time talking and reading.

Is there such a book?

Thanks

9 Jan 2011      

scampi
Spain

Hello I use Market Leader by Longman.  It is very complete and does have many excerciese to do but I just focus on the oral excercises and just do some important  excercises.  I have found it to be very helpful to business students as it has many expressions that are used in the business environment.  You would need to have a look as although there are many levels and all you need to do is look for the book for C1/C2, I find that these books are quite complicated so I go a level below what they are on.  You would have to have a look at the book and your student.  If you go on http://www.market-leader.net/free-resources/
you have to do a quick free registration but you will then get some free resources of the different loevels to have a look at.

Hope this helps

9 Jan 2011     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Market Leader - Longman
In Company - Macmillan

9 Jan 2011     

bouzie1000
Morocco

www.the businessofenglish.com

9 Jan 2011     

kmochniak