Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Phonetics guide    

Phonetics guide

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Phonetics guide

Hello everybody,

Nice to be here with you again.
I have a question for you. Do you think that if I upload a phonetic guide for students, the phonetic symbols will be distorted or they will be as I have them in my document? I love teaching phonetics and my students find it useful after a lot of practice. I have tons of exercises and useful worksheets for them but I am not sure about the possibility of uploading them successfully. (I use the font IPA PHONETICS)
Thanks in advance
Yolanda

9 Jan 2011      

coyote.chus
Spain

Hi Yolanda,
I had one problem once I uploaded a ws with a font which wasn �t recognised here. so what I did was the following.
I downloaded PDFCreator from the net. It �s free. Then, you click print in the document you want to upload, and choose (in printers) PDFCreator. You have to save it as jpg or gift image. Then, you have the document saved as an image. And you can paste in a new document in word. That way the fonts won �t be distorted. The only problem is that it isn �t editable.

If there is any other way to do it, I don �t know it. Maybe most computer-literate people will let us know.
I hope it helps.
Chus.

9 Jan 2011     

edrodmedina
United States

Hello Yolanda...Maybe if you provide a link to IPA phonetics font and let the downloaders know they need it so that the pages look right then that might do it. Ed

10 Jan 2011