Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > where does the lion live?    

where does the lion live?

Glamorous
United Arab Emirates

where does the lion live?

i am teaching parade for grade 4

my question is

in unit 4 which is about animals homes

i told my students that the lion lives on the plains ( as i saw in any nature show)

but when we were kid we have been told that the lion lives in the forest or jungle

but i never saw any nature show about lion living in the jungle or forest

this info was only shown in cartoons

so
 can someone help me please

11 Jan 2011      

swissprof
Switzerland

Lions live in prairies, semi-arid plains and savannah grasslands within southern areas of the African continent. Many thousands of years ago, lions were plentiful throughout Europe, southern Asia, eastern and central India and the entire African continent. Today, they have been wiped out from all other continents (apart from Africa) except for a small region of India. They have even been hunted to extinction in the north of Africa, so now they are only found naturally south of the Sahara Desert.

Even though lions have the nickname of "King of the Jungle", they do not live in heavy forests or jungles; nor do they live in desert areas due to a lack of prey. Asiatic lions live in the Gir Forest of India (in the state of Gujarat), although they have reached near-extinction. The ones that live in the Gir Forest are protected by the Nawab of Junagadh. These few remaining (approximately 200 in 1990) are still at risk as their habitat has shrunk by over half since the beginning of the twentieth century. They are also not the true Asiatic lion, but a sub-species that survived past the deadly time of the 20th century.

Other areas where lions live:
Zoos, Conservation and Preservation Sites
lions live in afica with alot of animals and there lionesses and lion cubs people think that they live in astrallia but they dont so you can take that fact to the bank my dear children!!!!!

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_do_lions_live#ixzz1AkEvu8eC

11 Jan 2011     

bhau
India

lions live in the den

12 Jan 2011