Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Looking for song about logistics    

Looking for song about logistics

Mietz
Germany

Looking for song about logistics

Hello everyone,

I �m starting with a class next week Tuesday with intermediate adult students three of which are spezializing in logistics and 6 in wholesale, but I have to teach them in one class.
Now - for the first teaching block (120minutes) I think it would be great to start with a song (+ worksheet of course). Can you think of any song that contains a lot of vocabulary relevant to this target group? I �ve been searching Google, but "logistics + lyrics" hasn �t been of much use so far. Tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! Mietz

12 Jan 2011      

LaPahl
Germany

Dear Mietz,

why not try out  the "Lorry Driver Song" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQsroSyWrY&feature=related or lyrics: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/radio/radio1/parody/ )?

By the way - Cornelsen has recently published "logistics matters", also containing the new Incoterms. They sent me a free sample some weeks ago, maybe you can still get one, too?

Best wishes,
Sonja

12 Jan 2011     

stexstme
France

Hiya Mietz!!!
Sonja has been helping - I �m not. Just saying hello& how are you doing, dear friend ?
Sorry for the ... bracket-thing.Big smile
I �ve just logged in - the forum is .........so . gloomy!!! Some will say it is quiet! LOL
But so boring! Jesus! So boring!
Enschuldigen zie mir, bite!
( From me old memories!!! I wish you could correct me on that one! Thx!!! in advance!)
Sylvie 

12 Jan 2011     

Mietz
Germany

Thanks everybody for your help so far - to Sylvie, too ;-)!
I �m still looking at some of the links. And just for those who might be interested, the commercial "That �s logistics" is pretty useful, too. Maybe a bit short, but certainly hard to get out of your head again...

Further suggestions - even far fetched - will be appreciated!
Thanks Mietz

12 Jan 2011     

stexstme
France

I promise I �ll search for you , but not before the week end ;o)))
Thx for your pm, dear friend!!
Sylv �

12 Jan 2011     

douglas
United States

How about "Take This Job and Shove It!"  by Johnny Paycheck?  Big smile

Otherwise, Dolly Patron�s "9 to 5" is a good all a round working song--the movie was funny too.

12 Jan 2011