Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > A song for ...    

A song for ...

harelyta
Peru

A song for ...

Hello my dear friends ..please I �m here to ask you for some advice...
Well, I have a class with 3rd grade - primary level this Friday and I have to teach "Jobs"...and the problem is that I don �t have a song or a rhyme to start the topic...Can you tell me about one nice idea to warm up? Well, if you have a song with the topic or with the structure: What do you want to be? please let me know
Write to me please or send me a pm
I will wait for your help and thanks a lot for being so helpful
Regards and thanks in advance
Harelyta

12 Jan 2011      

manonski (f)
Canada

There is a song called "If I were not upon a stage". It presents different categories of jobs. I tried finding a youtube video and this is the best I could find.

Here are the lyrics I found:

You could have your students invent other lyrics to other kind of jobs and they could all sing the song.

13 Jan 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Manonski, such a great video, I loved it! it looks like so much fun for the kids!!!!

I have "Jobs" coming up soon with my ss, and you have given me a great idea!!!

Thank you!!!

Mar

13 Jan 2011     

harelyta
Peru

Yes i agree the video is really great, I would show it to my ss and of course I have an excellent idea for my ss to perform it�

Thanks a lot Manonski

13 Jan 2011     

polukhina
Russian Federation

There is a good song "Jobs" on www.britishcouncil.com/learnenglish

13 Jan 2011     

tefltunes
United Kingdom

Hello!

Our suggestion would be Shania Twain �s Not Just A Pretty Face. The songs mentions lots of different jobs. This has worked very well in class in the past.

We �ve compiled a table of song suggestions for teaching various topics at TeflTunes.com, which you may find useful for future lessons:

http://www.tefltunes.com/themesongs.aspx

We �re adding to this all the time, so please feel free to contribute some ideas!

14 Jan 2011