Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need your help !!!    

I need your help !!!

marinaangelaa
Brazil

I need your help !!!

Guys  on Monday I �ll have a group  to teach third conditional to a intermidiate group how can I introduce the topic ??  have you got any discussion that I can use to work  about regrets ?? I already got  some  converstion cards  but I need to find an interesting  activity to introduce the topic.

Thanks

15 Jan 2011      

anitarobi
Croatia

Tell them to list famous important historical events, persons and discoveries and then discuss what would have happened if things hadn �t turned out as they did.... (e. g. If President Kennedy had taken a different route that fatal day... If electricity hadn �t been invented... If Newton had a helmet on and hadn �t paid attention to the apple...

15 Jan 2011     

ELOJOLIE274
France

i always start the conditional with
If I win the lottery, I will buy a house/...
If I won the lottery, I would buy a house/...
If I had won the lottery, I would have bought a house/...
to show my pupils how this structure works...

then you could work on someone who lost something - do you have something like pop idol in Brazil? or Miss Brazil? then ask your pupils to work on what the people who lost would have done if they had won...
otherwise, do you have the film Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix? at the end, Sirius - Harry �s godfather - dies, so you could ask your pupils to imagine what Sirius and Harry would have done together if Sirus had not died... same thing with the end of Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban (if Sirius wasn �t accused of being Voldemort �s accomplice, Harry would have moved in with him, he would have left the Dursleys...) see what I mean?

have a nice week-end!
Elodie

15 Jan 2011     

MapleLeaf
Canada

Maybe this might help also: http://moviesegmentstoassessgrammargoals.blogspot.com/2009/01/curious-case-of-benjamin-button-3rd.html

15 Jan 2011     

Dkay
Turkey

dear mapleleaf,
thanks for the great site !,it �s marvellous :)

16 Jan 2011     

marinaangelaa
Brazil

Thanks  for all !  it helped a lot

16 Jan 2011