Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > USING SELECTIVITY TEXTS IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES AS LONG AS YOU WRITE YOUR OWN QUESTIONS ON IT.    

USING SELECTIVITY TEXTS IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES AS LONG AS YOU WRITE YOUR OWN QUESTIONS ON IT.

Yolandaprieto
Spain

USING SELECTIVITY TEXTS IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES AS LONG AS YOU WRITE YOUR OWN QUESTIONS ON IT.

Hello everybody,

I have asked Victor about the possibility of using selectivity texts (an English exam Spanish students sit at the end of their A-levels, when they are 17-18 years old) and he has answered me that I can use the texts but the questions have to be my own, which is something I had very clear when I read the rules. So, please, moderators pay attention to the questions not only to the text before reporting a worksheet!
Thanks for your attention
Yolanda

(In the past I had some worksheets reported because I didn �t change the questions and my account was cancelled, so I am not going to make the same mistake again. The questions will always be my own and I upload those texts because from my point of view, some of them are really interesting and educational- I don �t need points but I want people who like those texts can use them in their classes) 

17 Jan 2011      

JUANBEGI
Spain

You see? I was right and Victor confirmed it. Thanks for your contributions and help. A big Hug from Baeza.

17 Jan 2011     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

So as I understand it, I can use any text from an ESL book as far as I use my own questions, can �t I? Because what is the difference between a text from an ESL exam and an ESL book?

17 Jan 2011     

Zora
Canada

Well, Selectividad exam texts are often excerpts taken from news clippings and such, so they are different than just a text written especially for an ESL book. 

17 Jan 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

In both cases, we �re talking about ESL texts. I see no difference. In ESL books you can also find news clippings or magazine articles, depending on the focus and topic. So if one case is allowed, the other should too. Moderators, please confirm it with Victor, so there is no confusion and further mistakes on ws are not made because of a misunderstanding.

Have a great day/afternoon/evening to all!!!

18 Jan 2011