Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > correcting mistakes    

correcting mistakes

Mini9
Peru

correcting mistakes

when I was a child I liked playing a lot. BUT if i wanna use an adjective what would it be . I was a playful child.???

knowing that ice cream is uncountable and countable: I can say : I ate much ice cream or I ate many ice creams, which one is Ok?

graphics designing or graphic designing = career.

I play the guitar or I play guitar . which is Ok?

dream of or dream with???

18 Jan 2011      

pilarmham
Spain

One should always try to be playful anf light, no matter how difficult it is....

You can dream OF a sandy beach in the midst of winter WITH a loving arm next to you.

It �s all so confusing...

18 Jan 2011     

Mini9
Peru

and what about toys: if Barbie is a doll , Ken is also a doll.??? and I played with soldiers toys!!! whta about teddy bear: it includes all the fluffy toys: like teddy giraffe, gorilla, etc  it �s that ok to say that.

18 Jan 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Weren �t they all cushiony in a way? Barbie for Ken, Ken for Barbie,  stuffed animals for kids...

18 Jan 2011     

Apodo
Australia

playful can �t really be used in the way you have asked - it has a different meaning.

He was in a playful mood - means he was joking & teasing, being amusing, & can be applied to adults as well as children. The old cat was as playful as a kitten.

You can �t say �I ate much ice cream. �
But you can say: I ate too much ice cream.

You can �t say � I ate many ice creams �
But you can say �I ate too many ice creams. �

Say: I ate lots of ice cream.

He is a graphic designer. He has a career in graphic design.

I play the guitar. I play guitar. I play a guitar.  - All OK

Barbie & Ken are both dolls.

A teddy bear is a soft toy.  The term for all those soft cuddly things is �soft toys � not teddy bear.

18 Jan 2011     

liquidnuance
Japan

I think the closest adjective to describe a child who likes to play a lot is maybe a "fun-loving child".  

18 Jan 2011     

peterfernandes238
United States

Error correction is often done by the teacher providing corrections for mistakes made by students. However, it is probably more effective for students to correct their own mistakes. In order to do this, students and the teacher should have a common shorthand for correcting mistakes.

========

Peter

18 Jan 2011     

douglas
United States

I played a lot as a child. (To use an adjective, you could say "I was an active child.")

"I ate a lot of ice cream(s)" or "I ate lots of ice cream".

A career in Graphic Design (He �s a Graphic Designer)

" play guitar" and " play the guitar"are both correct.

I dream of....

18 Jan 2011