Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Paying for the same printable several times    

Paying for the same printable several times

blunderbuster
Germany

Paying for the same printable several times

Hi,

Could we maybe make some adjustments so people will not be charged every time they a download a certain ws. I just downloaded a ws 6 times before it opened properly on my browser so I could save it. I also think that this invites click fraud, not that I am paranoid but ...

Anyway, just giving you some food for thought, hopefully not ideas ;o)

18 Jan 2011      

almaz
United Kingdom

�Click fraud �? Goodness me, Regina. Are you suggesting that there are some unscrupulous people here who may have more than one account and �spend � all of their free download allowances on their own worksheets in order to boost their scores and reputations and gain even more points in order to entice the na�ve and shallow among us to download their often sub-literate (but equally often, cutely illustrated) offerings?

18 Jan 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Gee, almaz, I had been told that English only allowed short sentences! I �m so glad to see it is not so.

19 Jan 2011     

almaz
United Kingdom

Pretty breathless, eh, Maria? The Spanish aren �t the only ones who can spin one sentence into a single page.

19 Jan 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

Definitely out of breath.

19 Jan 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

But, I heard of someone by the name of Proust. Now, those are long sentences...

19 Jan 2011     

moravc
Czech Republic

Hello Regina,
Please download and "save as" instantly, then open the file  in your browser, text editor etc...
You have to SET your browser to save the files automatically to your ESLP folder.
You just have to teach Mozilla or Internet Explorer to SAVE first, then open...

For example I am using Mozilla:
1. Menu - Tools - Options - tick "Show the Download Manager" and tick "Ask where to save each file"
2. Save the changes - OK.
3. Go to the folder and open the newly downloaded file. It should be ok.
3. Try to download another file, I think this method is 100% save, I have downloaded hundreds of worksheets and I had problems twice only...
just leftclick on "download this printable" and save it on your harddrive.

19 Jan 2011     

PhilipR
Thailand

Of course it will lead to click fraud. Leave well enough alone is my stand. BTW, very good advice from Moravc.

19 Jan 2011     

blunderbuster
Germany

Thank you, Jana. That did the trick ;o)

19 Jan 2011