Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > classroom management     

classroom management

tenbest
Jordan

classroom management

I need you to help meeeeeeee in the classroom  management 

I TEACH 9TH GRADE 

I have a lot problems for teaching this class. I SUFFER OF noising and talking from ss in  the class . I need to help me for using a new  strategy to use it in next semester :)

I HOPE TO HELP ME :)

26 Jan 2011      

imanito
Morocco

I just hate it when I get a disruptive class because I know the amount of effort I have to do to control the sts and this does cause me stress and many sleepless nights.

well, one of the things that I do is I summon parents and try to discuss with them their children �s behaviour and see what are the things that make them behave like that and try to come up with a solution. You have to know that sts don �t like their parents to be aware of what they do in school, so when you do once call a parent, all the other sts know that if they do sthg wrong, you will call their parents too so they calm down and focus more on their studies...it does work like magic I swear .

the other thing I do is I sometimes invite the parents of disruptive sts to attend the class with their children..imagine what the sts would feel........some sts don �t like their parents to walk them to the school, let alone attend one of their classes......so they prefer to be good sts than being obliged to put up with such humiliation (for the sts but for me it �s sthg that all boards of edu should adopt)

try at the beginning of the school year to give sts a profile sheet where they write all the information you need to know about them,for example their favourite movies and songs and also their parents � address and phone number so you can keep in touch with them...just knowing that the teacher has their parents � number and address make them behave well. try to check the correctness of the info they give u from their files at the administration.

try to speak only in english in class and don �t give them a break; work work and work.when you show your sts that �s it �s not a vacation and you are serious abt your job they get serious too. you may also create a sense of competition between sts and reward them so they can focus on their studies to get that reward.

and when you feel that your class is back on track, start doing interesting things like songs,movies with popcorn (i love those days), read stories with them (you can even create a book club), try to attend one of their gym classes (they just laugh when they see their english teacher trying hard to dribble the ball....hilarious), and of course some treats to offer them when they give correct answers (chocolate is great) 

I hope this helps and if you have any other question please do ask ...feel free to PM.

26 Jan 2011     

tenbest
Jordan

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 
A LOOOOOOOOOOT 

YOU ARE REALLY HELPFUL THANKS A LOT FOR UR advice that i �ll work in it next semester :)Clap

26 Jan 2011     

SaraMariam
United States

There is a great book about classroom management. It �s called "The first days of school" by Harry Wong. I bought it last year since I also had some problems with this and it really helped a lot. Now my classes are running pretty smooth without any big behavior problems.

26 Jan 2011     

Aline37
Turkey

There was a discussion about classroom management on the forum recently and a link to the following website was given:
There are a lot of free reports to download (if you sign up + on the top left column of the website).

They talk about different strategies to deal with difficult and unmotivated students.
Have a look, it is free and maybe some of the advice there might help you.

Good luck,

Aline 

26 Jan 2011     

Mariethe House
France

I found this very hepful for teachers , parents and...grand parents:Smile

http://www.marvinmarshall.com/classroom_management.html

http://www.marvinmarshall.com/previews/flv/marshall/index.html

26 Jan 2011