Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > First day of class    

First day of class

angelme
Brazil

First day of class

Hi everyone,

Classes are starting next week here in Brazil and I need some ideas of activities to give to my students ... As they don �t know me yet I want to start with creative and fun activities.
I teach students of all ages so if you could help me I would be very grateful.Big smile
Thanks.
Angela

28 Jan 2011      

alexcure
Poland

Dear Angela,

You can draw/write on a piece of paper certain numbers, places, dates, images and some other things connected with you, your life, interests and show them to your students and ask them to guess what they refer to... and of course answer their questions - in this way they will learn sth about you. Later ask them to do the same about themselves and divide the group into two teams. The students from team A must guess the symbols of every person from Team B and vice versa. Team A then Team B, Team B, then Team A and go on (to make it fair...) or invent your own way of playing the game. Enjoy!!!

Alex

28 Jan 2011     

maggiejeria
Chile

Thanks Alex, Good idea!

30 Jan 2011     

miss_marina...
Chile

Hi, there is a agame in which you tell your students three sentences about yourself, but one of them is a lie. Students must guess which one is actually a lie by making questions. Then, they have to do the same with themselves and the rest of the class have to guess.

I hope you find this useful,
Regards

31 Jan 2011