Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > English Dictionary that school students can have fun using    

English Dictionary that school students can have fun using

FunWithWords
India

English Dictionary that school students can have fun using

Greetings from a new member to all at this wonderful community!

While I �m not a teacher, I joined this forum because we develop and publish free online tools which can be of some use to English teachers and students.

One such tool we �ve recently brought online is an English to English dictionary (~150,000 headwords), with a unique, Web 2.0 style user interface.

We got about 100 people (in different age groups) to try it and we found that school students were the most enthusiastic about it. By extension, a few English language school teachers also found it to be a useful and productive tool for students.

I invite all here to try it and request your feedback / suggestions to help us improve the tool, especially for English language school students and teachers:

http://www.RapiDefs.com

I look forward to receiving constructive input from the members of this community for which I thank you in advance.

[Attn Moderators: If this is in violation of your forum rules, please delete my post]

31 Jan 2011      

libertybelle
United States

A good tool - thank you for sharing!

31 Jan 2011     

kiaras
Mexico

Very useful, thanks!

31 Jan 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

I �ve justchecked it- really useful. Thanks for sharing.

Would you mind if I put a link in my blog ?

It would be rather useful for my students and it would be at hand.
Let me know if I have your permission, please.

31 Jan 2011     

FunWithWords
India

Thanks for your positive feedback @libertybelle, @kiaras and @Olindalima.

Olindalima (and all others), please feel free to share this resource any which way you wish to.

Thanks again.

31 Jan 2011     

teresapr
Portugal

It seems to be a very useful resource!I �ll recommend it to my studentsThank you!

31 Jan 2011     

ellakass
Israel

It seems to be interesting and useful. Tomorrow I �ll try it in my classes.Thank you!

31 Jan 2011     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Very useful, thanks for sharing.

Yolanda

31 Jan 2011     

FunWithWords
India

@teresapr, @ellakass, @Yolandaprieto:

Thanks for all your positive feedback.

Please don �t forget to post here again, after your students have tried it.

I �d love to hear all the feedback / suggestions. We �ll look at all new suggestions carefully and try to incorporate as many of those as we can in future versions of RapiDefs.

1 Feb 2011     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Vic

Thanks a lot, a bunch.

We need people like you.

I �ll keep in thouch

Linda

1 Feb 2011     

Sara26
Brazil

I can se why the school students were the most enthusiastic: it �s really practical and useful! Thanks a lot for sharing with us! Thumbs Up

1 Feb 2011