Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD of February 2nd     

WOD of February 2nd

imanito
Morocco

WOD of February 2nd

I have just come back home from work and told myself let �s see what �s going on in eslprintables and here there were two msgs. one from uatike telling me that I am the winner of the WOD and the other from elodie telling me that I am the winner of caption 10...Shocked I am speechless and so happy ....I think it �s a first in eslprintables......thank you guys.

ok now let �s get down to business. 

Today �s word is Ululate.

you know the rules (no dictionaries and no googling) so .....GO NUTS Wacko

2 Feb 2011      

edrodmedina
United States

Once upon a time a young woman by the name of Ulu invented a special kind of knife used for chopping vegetables using a rocking motion. This knife became known as the ulu. With the success of that knife Ulu was able to open a factory near Osaka Japan and  amassed a small fortune. Over the years she made opened several more factories and made more and more money and her small fortune became a very large fortune.  As the years went by her workers began to take advantage of Ulu�s generosity. They began to come to work less and less punctually. Eventually the workers poor working habits forced Ulu to have to close down the factories and eventually she lost her fortune.  The term ululate now refers to workers who come to work late and thereby cause their employer to lose money.  

�Sam ulutated so much that he was fired after only two weeks of employment.�

2 Feb 2011     

alexcure
Poland

Fantastic, Ed! I won �t invent anything this time as yours will win anyway!!!

2 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

Ululate - doing the "hoola - hoop" sensual movements

The studen �ts ululated while doing the cha-cha slide dance!

2 Feb 2011     

imanito
Morocco

come on guys !!!!!!!!! look alive ....where is the spirit?

alexcure: oh come on alex please give me something.

2 Feb 2011     

pilarmham
Spain

u: you
lu:: miss Lul�
late: should have set your alarm clock!

You missed  the best, babe!

3 Feb 2011