Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > verb to have    

verb to have

mahaenglish
Egypt

verb to have

please who can tell me a creative and funny way to explain verb to have for pupils in first grade? thanks for your help.  

10 Feb 2011      

kodora
Greece

Take a bag and put various things in it.Especially things they know what they are called in English.For example, a pencil,a rubber,a book etc.You can start by saying:This is my bag.What have I got in it?I have got a pencil.I have got a rubber etc.After you have practiced it you can ask them to do the same.After that you can ask them questions:Have you got a pencil?and the corresponding short answers:Yes,I have/No,I haven�t
I hope I have helped you.
Dora

10 Feb 2011     

mahaenglish
Egypt

Wow thank you it is a nice ideaTongue

10 Feb 2011     

Mar0919
Mexico

You can also play a memory game. Sit in a circle, and play some music while passing a ball around. When you stop the music, the student who has the ball must make a sentence with "I have a ..... (say any object), start music and pass the ball again. this time, when music stops, the ss with the ball, must repeat what his/her partner had, and add something of their own: Mike has a pencil, and I have an eraser.... etc. keep on, testing their memory! This way, you get the ss to practice, "have" for 3rd person as well as first.
Another variation of the game is pass two balls simultaneously, one to the right, one to the left, when music stops, one ss must ask a question to his partner: "do you have a sharpener?" --- "No, I don �t, but I have a pencil"....

Hope these ideas help!

Hugs,

Mar

11 Feb 2011