Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Help please    

Help please

kim82
United Kingdom

Help please

Hi there

I �m required to demonstrate a model lesson on the story (After Twenty Years) by O Henry.. So I please ask if any one has sites that I can find lesson plans and questions regarding the story, plus any further ideas and suggestions on how to teach it creatively (pre reading also)..

Thanks in advance

12 Feb 2011      

marta v
Serbia

Any story or text can be introduced by giving a number of isolated words (usually on the board or on small slips of paper) from the original text and given to the students to guess what it is about, who the characters are, place, time etc. They get involved and can �t wait to hear if they were right. I usually give the words in the order that they appear in, so that they have a sense of chronology. It always works, especially if they do it in groups and tell them to the class (if there �s time).

You can also read parts of it to them and stop from time to time to let them guess what �s gonna happen next. They love it.

Hope this was useful.

Marta

12 Feb 2011     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I hope these are useful.

12 Feb 2011     

kim82
United Kingdom

Million thanks  Marta and Aftab ; that was of a great helpThumbs Up

12 Feb 2011