Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Open days at secondary school    

Open days at secondary school

pierzynka
Poland

my students have to prepare something really short but it must be in English , French, German and Russian. Have you got any ideas?I was thinking aboout short floor show or sketch?but how to combine those languages in one show? Please help

16 Feb 2011      

redcamarocruiser
United States

How old are your students? How many will be performing?

Have your students been studying a particular theme?

When I was in Kindergarten my class performed a show about animal knowledge. Each child said one sentence about an animal. my sentence was "The turtle says nothing." Other students said sentences such as "The cow says moo", "The duck says quack quack."

Everyone likes food. If students are at a beginning level, each student could hold up a piece of fruit and tell the audience what color it is. "The apple is red." "The grapes are purple" "The banana is yellow". If you don �t want to use real fruit, the students can make fruit pictures on stiff tagboard or cardboard to show the audience. If you have talented mothers who sew, they could make fruit costumes for the students to dress up as fruits.

If your class has been studying  the environment, maybe each student could say a sentence of how  he can help the environment. "I recycle." "I don �t waste water."  "I save electricity" "I planted a tree"  "I ______."

Is there a holiday coming up  near the time of the presentation?
Holidays sometimes provide themes  or traditional songs.

16 Feb 2011     

kmochniak
Poland

You could do one of the "There was a Polish, a Russian and a German" jokes and extend it �s version to other languages. You can make an English win or they can all lose and a neutral animal can win incidentally doing sth which people couldn �t.

Kasia

16 Feb 2011     

pierzynka
Poland

thank you for help. my students are 17 years old so it must be ambitious

16 Feb 2011